First, I grabbed some extra burlap I had sitting in a basket in the corner (yes, that really is where it was) and traced my lampshade on them. I cut it out, leaving about an inch extra on each side of the "pattern" and hot glued that sucker over the existing shade. I pulled the extra inch on top over the frame and glued it down on the inside, same on the bottom. BURLAP LAMP SHADES BAM!
But that didn't quite meet my need for pretty things, so I whipped out some felt and lace and decided to make some little flower things. This is how you make little flower things:
|Click Photo to See Text|
I'm pretty psyched. Not quite finished with them yet, as I'm trying to decide what color to make the bases, but I was too pumped not to go ahead and post them. I'm going to start gluing these little flowers to everything.