Sunday, November 27, 2011

One Step Closer to World Peace: Egg & Bacon Muffins

     I have to get up pretty stupid early in the mornings.  No matter how many times I tell myself that I'm going to be a real adult and get up an hour before I have to, do yoga, make coffee, cook a healthy breakfast, and create world peace by 6:20am, it doesn't happen.  I usually end up rolling out of bed 10 minutes before I have to leave (after mashing snooze 2 or 3 times), throwing on my clothes and busting out the door just in time to make it to work with a minute or two to spare.  With no time to stop somewhere and grab breakfast on the way (and my refusal to spend money frivilously), I haven't been getting much in the way of healthy, filling, and delicious morning meals.

IT ALL CHANGES TODAY, FOLKS.

     I sprayed down my muffin pan with the cheap-o fakey Pam and grabbed the turkey bacon and eggs out of the refrigerator.  Loosely wrap a piece of the turkey bacon around the inside of each muffin hole, then take out six egg whites and two whole eggs and beat them until they're sorry.  Fill each bacon cup 3/4 of the way with eggs and pop in the oven at 350 until the eggs don't jiggle and the bacon looks done. Pull the little suckers out and serve immediately or toss them in a tupperware container for reheating.  Lo and behold, you have a delicious, super healthy breakfast that can be stored and microwaved throughout the week. 




TAKE THAT, ALARM CLOCK!  I have now conquored breakfast. My life will be completely different now.  THIS MOMENT IS WHERE I TURN IT ALL AROUND.


Click Comic to Read Tiny Captions

Well, maybe it's not quite like picture number 2, but who cares? 
Next step: WORLD PEACE. 



No comments:

Post a Comment